SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Will you serve on our Host Committee in February?

from: Dov Fischer 
to: Jason Youdeem
date: Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
subject: RE: Will you serve on our Host Committee in February?

Thank you for writing, Jason.
 
I wish AIPAC every success in its efforts.
 
In 2008, I attended the AIPAC annual OC event, and the guest keynote speaker advocated a “Two State Solution” that called for Israel to retreat from parts of Judea and Samaria (the “West Bank”) in return for Palestinian “promises of peace.”  That would entail disrupting the lives of at least 350,000 and up to 600,000 Jews who live in lands that Israel liberated during the 1967 Six-Day War.
 
At my core of belief, I support Israel’s permanent rights to develop Jewish life in Judea and Samaria.  Indeed, my family co-founded a Jewish community in the “West Bank” in 1985, in Karnei Shomron, and we continue to support that community.
 
Because I am a congregational rabbi in Orange County, one of only two Orthodox rabbis in all of Orange County who is a member of the Orange County Board of Rabbis and who works in formal ongoing affinity and friendship with rabbis and lay Jews throughout and across the spectrum of belief and practice in Orange County, I understood that it was my responsibility to remain silent and to hold my silence during that speech and during the polite applause that followed the speaker’s words.  I also understood that I would not again attend an AIPAC event in Orange County.
 
My views on the “Two State Solution” may be found here:  http://rabbidov.com/twostate.htm
 
Thank you again, Jason.  I wish you success in your efforts to help Israel in your way.
 
Rabbi Dov Fischer